About BRETT DORRIAN
Brett is the owner and lead artist at Brett Dorrian Artistry Studios. She has built an award-winning, and published luxury studio and celebrated brand from the ground up since its launch in 2008.
She approaches her craft on a far deeper level than just rendering looks and taking pictures. She values the connection and collaborative spirit involved in creating carefully crafted designs while incorporating the most modern of techniques to fulfill the client’s needs and thoughtfully telling a story. She realizes the client’s vision through her interpretation of the inspiration provided during the consultation, and aspires to execute things in a way that is classic yet innovative and always on point for the client's wishes.
Brett Dorrian speaks and teaches both locally and nationally on topics of business, branding, and artistry. She also runs The Refinery, a 12-month long business development program that helps female entrepreneurs launch and grow small businesses through providing ongoing coaching, business tools and assignments for strategic planning, and building community among cohorts. She believes in helping women rise in leadership positions, as well as provide jobs for themselves and others through sustainable business practices.
As a high achiever and true artist, Brett understands and values the importance of advanced education and takes every opportunity for further training in her field to stay current on techniques and products. It has always been a priority of hers to create a place where artists could work, learn, and grow in their careers. She earned an MAOL Certificate in strategic management from St. Catherine University and a BA in theater and studio art (valedictorian) from St. Catherine University. She is also a certified media makeup artist.
- College of St. Catherine — Bachelor of Arts, St. Paul, MN Theatre and Studio Art, Valedictorian
- St. Catherine University — Masters of Organizational Leadership, St. Paul, MN Strategic Management Certification
- Make-up Designory (MUD) — LA Campus Character Design, Special Effects Painting and Application
- Joe Blasco Professional Makeup Training Center — East Coast Campus Cosmetics chemistry, department heading, beard work, wig work, beauty makeup, avant garde, fantasy, light SFX, and airbrush
- MN Bride Magazine "Best Of" Hair & Makeup Winner — 2016 and 2014
- MN Bride Magazine "Best Of" Hair & Makeup Nominee — 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine Weddings "Diamond Award" Judge’s and People's Choice Winner — 2016, 2015, 2012
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine Weddings "Diamond Award" Nominee — 2014, 2013, 2012
- Martha Stewart Weddings/Weddingwire.com "Bride's Choice Award" for Best Makeup & Hair — 2012, 2011, 2010
- Better Business Bureau "Integrity Award" Nominee — 2012
Various Production Credits
The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Brides Magazine, MN Bride Magazine, Minneapolis/St. Paul Weddings Magazine, Lavender Magazine, Twin Cities Live, MN State Lottery, The Haunted Basement (Department Head Special Effects Designer), The Coen Brothers "A Serious Man" (hair day player), Best Buy, Medtronic, Jungle Theater, Frank Theater, Sandbox Theater, Driftwood Productions, Sound Check, Inc., Lighthouse Media